Home » Digital Literacy (Page 2)
Looking to decompress? Reality got you down?
Come to VR Happy Hour to explore Aperture Labs, wreck Ikea, end the zombie apocalypse, and much, much more. Sponsored by b.makerspace, whose team of VR specialists will ensure you have a fun time with their HTC VIVE.
- Friday, September 29, 2017
- Moffitt Makerspace, on the 1st/bottom floor of Moffitt Library
Snacks and drinks will be provided, though we ask you to bring the sparkling conversation.
There are a limited number of spaces to play on VR so please arrive early. This event is open to anyone on the Cal campus with ID access to Moffitt Library.
Whether you are looking to create a digital book, a companion website for a book, a scholarly portfolio, or a full-scale digital project, this workshop series is designed to get you up and running with the skills and tools you need for successful digital publications. No programming or coding knowledge is required. Technology workshops will be hands-on; bring a laptop if you can.
This semester you can try:
- Web Platforms for Digital Projects
- Designing in Drupal
- WordPress for Easy and Attractive Websites
- Share Your Scholarship: MLA’s Humanities Commons
- HTML/CSS Toolkit for Digital Projects
Register at bit.ly/dp-berk
Level up your web design, search, and research skills by dropping in to a Library workshop, panel discussion, or info session this Fall! (Snacks and soft-drinks will be provided.)
Google Search Tips, Tricks and Hacks
Learn how to power-search Google, Google Scholar, and other Google tools.
- October 3 | 4-5 p.m. | 405 Moffitt Library – View event
New Google Sites workshop: Organize, collaborate and share
Explore how you can organize, collaborate, and share all of your online content using the new Google Sites.
- October 5 | 4-5 p.m. | 405 Moffitt Library – View event
- October 16 | 3-4 p.m. | 405 Moffitt Library – View event
Library Research Survival Guide: Tips from Undergraduate Library Prize Winners
Get advice about the navigating the Berkeley libraries from past winners of the Library Prize for Undergraduate Research.
- October 9 | 5-6 p.m. | 405 Moffitt Library – View event
Web Essentials Drop-In Hours: A Non-Coder’s Guide to the Web
Join student technology consultants and librarians to learn about web design, online publishing, software and support available at Berkeley to help you build websites, create multimedia presentations, and much more.
- October 16 | 4-6 p.m. | 405 Moffitt Library (drop in anytime) – View event
HTML/CSS Toolkit for Digital Projects
With a little HTML and CSS under your belt, you’ll know how to edit “under the hood” so you can place an image exactly where you want it, customize the formatting of text, or troubleshoot copy & paste issues.
- December 5 | 4:10-5 p.m. | Barrows Hall, D-Lab (Barrows 350) – Register here
For more upcoming Library digital scholarship events, check out:
Over the course of the past decade a number of free software tools and apps—including Mendeley, Zotero, and RefWorks—have cropped up to help you to create, format and manage your citations. The Library has arranged this series of Fall 2017 drop-in workshops to help you get started (or dig deeper) with the citation management software of your choice:
Writing and Citing Tools: What are your options?
- August 21, 2-2:30pm, Kresge Engineering Library Training Room
- August 23, 10-10:30am, Bioscience Library Training Room (VLSB)
- September 7, 12-1pm, Bioscience Library Training Room (VLSB)
- September 7, 4-5pm, Kresge Engineering Library Training Room
- September 12, 4-5pm, Bioscience Library Training Room (VLSB)
- September 13, 12-1pm, Bioscience Library Training Room (VLSB)
- October 4, 12-1pm, Bioscience Library Training Room (VLSB)
- October 10, 4:30-5:30pm, Moffitt Library Room 405
- October 17, 4:30-5:30pm, Moffitt Library Room 405
For more help managing your citations check out these library guides: